Müşteri: European Commission EuropeAid | 01/12/2011 - 01/09/2012
Support to the Evaluation of the Call for Proposals "Europeaid/131088/C/ACT/Multi" Launched Under the Thematic Programme of Cooperation with Third Countries in the Areas of Asylum and Migration
Team Coordination and Management
- Planning the timeframe of the intervention, in order that the inputs and outputs of the experts fitted within the timeline of the call for proposals; ensuring that communications within and between the two teams operating remotely were properly maintained, as well as communications with the European Commission, and that the Internal Quality Control of all the evaluations was in line with the requirements of the client
- Support the Evaluation Committee in developing detailed prototypes of the Concept Note (CN) evaluation grid and the Full Proposal (FP) evaluation grid, ensuring both teams were operating under comparable standards of coherence and quality.
- Design of the evaluation procedure to ensure and verify that the output of every assessor was clearly formulated to a high technical standard and well substantiated (qualitatively and quantitatively) with appropriate supporting comments.
- Ensuring that the allocation of proposals was both as balanced and as relevant as possible and that “external” evaluations made by the project advisors and the “internal” evaluation made by the EU Delegations were well taken into consideration by the Selection Committee when deciding on the final list of proposals to be considered for financing.
The rationale for this project is to assist the European Commission in selecting the best proposal in line with the criteria set for the call for proposals launched under the Thematic Programme Migration and Asylum.
This Programme is designed to:
- Foster the links between migration and development
- Promote well-managed labour migration
- Fight irregular immigration and facilitate readmission of illegal immigrants
- Promote the rights of migrants, protect them against exploitation and exclusion, and support the fight against trafficking in human beings
- Promote asylum and international protection of refugees
- Technical support is provided to the EC by two teams of advisors, working independently and remotely, to assess proposals that were received (in excess of 500), both technically and financially in two phases: the first phase focuses on the evaluation of the Concept Notes and the second in the assessment of the full applications.
The project support is a combination of the:
- Technical evaluation and financial assessment of the proposals
- Evaluation of the “Concept Notes”
- Assessment of the "Full Applications"