Müşteri: EU Delegation to Botswana | 01/07/2012 - 01/11/2012
Enhancing the Conceptual and Operational Design Features of the SADC Trade Related Facility (TRF)
- Established an electronic library, and produced a CD/DVD, incorporating all trade literature collected during the project.
- Prepared summaries, and abstracts, on relevant trade issues from each report reviewed.
- Identified, and developed, a matrix of on-going trade facilitation initiatives that indicated the supporting donor/implementing agency.
- Provided comments on the TRF project design. These comments lead to a revised conceptual and operational design being prepared (including log-frame). Specific attention was given to relevance, effectiveness of the design, gaps, sustainability, and mitigation of risks and included recommendations on how to maximise MS participation.
TRF Workshop and Workshop Report
Prepared an assignment report which incorporated the following:
- A comprehensive listing of all data collected together with relevant information arising from meetings with SDAC officials participating in the project.
- Results from data review and analysis including the key issues of relevance to the TRF programme design and operation.
- Gaps and strategies identified between SADC Trade Protocol and the EPA.
- Results from an assessment of the existing TRF design features and proposed revisions.
- Details of a stakeholders’ workshop on the design features of the TRF and delivery of the workshop.
- Recommendations on how the EU could best support trade facilitation in the SADC region.
The overall objective of this project is to improve the economic situation of SADC Member States (MS), and their relative trading positions.
The specific objective of this project is to encourage SADC Member States to implement the regional and extra regional trade agreements into which they entered, in particular the SADC Trade Protocol (STP) and the EPA.
- SADC Member States consolidate the SADC Trade Protocol (STP) and create an environment in which the benefits of the STP can be realised.
- Increased intra-regional trade in SADC stimulated by greater convergence of trade rules and practices which create the regional market.
- SADC Member States, especially those within the SADC EPA framework, are better placed to take full advantages of trade agreements thereby facilitating better access to external markets.