Müşteri: Customs and Domestic TAx Divisions of the Seychelles Revenue Commission. Trade and Import Divisions of the Ministry of Finance | 01/05/2012 - 01/09/2012
Reform of Customs Procedures (Technical Assistance to the Integration to the Multilateral Trading System and Support to the Integrated Framework.
Review of Legislation
- Review of the Customs Management Act and other relevant laws on import/export management and procedures.
Propose the update of existing legislation to align it with WTO customs related laws.
Customs Systems Reform
- Developing a system of collecting Customs and other taxes in line with the multilateral system and international best practice.
- Developing appropriate data collection systems to ensure the availability of reliable statistics.
- Holding a five day stakeholders workshop on the “Agreement on Implementation of Article VII of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994, Import licensing, Rules of Origin, Pre-shipment inspection” and also to validate the drafts of legislation.
- Holding of in-house training of Customs Officers on the WTO system of Customs Valuation.
- Producing manuals on customs valuation and data collection.
The rationale of this assignment is to support Seychelles Customs authorities in their reform efforts, aimed at applying the new WTO-compatible rules on Customs value, import licensing and origin of goods and, furthermore, to align their systems of data and revenue collection with international standards.
The project support is a combination of:
- Capacity building of the Customs Division and the Tax Division of the Revenue Commission, the Trade Division of the Ministry of Finance, the Import Division of the Policy Division of the Ministry of Finance, the Licensing Authority and Clearing Agents
- Developing systems and procedures for streamlined Custom operations
- Training of Custom officers