Trade and Private Sector Development Specialist. In-house Project Manager
Position: Trade Policy / Private Sector Development Specialist. In-house Project Manager
Location: Madrid and/or homebased
Contract terms: Permanent, fulltime position. Immediate start.
Due to our growing business activity, Equinoccio is currently recruiting qualified professionals to strengthen our international project management team. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced Private Sector Development / International Trade specialist to cover a position with two responsibilities: (1) as a Project Manager, he/she will be responsible for all tasks related to the tendering and contract management of projects; and (2) as a consultant, she/he will participate in technical assistance activities in the projects implemented by the company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contract Management
- Identification and setting-up of teams of experts
- Supervision of project implementation (technical and financial)
- Budget control during contract execution
- Review of project technical reports by experts
- Organisation and delivery of conferences/events
- Backstopping support for experts in the field
- Liaison with consortium partners, clients and beneficiaries during contract implementation
Technical assistance missions:
- Provide advisory and capacity-building services in matters: international trade and private sector development, innovation, social and environmentally sustainable economic activity, public diplomacy actions, and alike.
- Contribution to the development of the overall strategy of the company
- Contribution to meeting Equinoccio’s quality system, objectives and work procedures
- Reporting to the Head of Operations and/or Project Director
- University degree in an appropriate discipline
- Proven track record in trade development / trade policy / private sector development related training or advisory services
- Proven track record in the preparation of technical assistance proposals, as well as contract management and administration.
- Minimum of three, ideally five years of working experience in the sector or equivalent experience in economic or international development, or in the provision of professional advisory or consulting services.
- Ability to work well in a demanding environment, adhering to project and work deadlines.
- Delivering essential inputs to colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and clients on time, every time
- Strong computer skills
- Native English speaker / Native French speaker
- Fluency in French / Spanish / Arabic as working language/s would be an advantage
- Good working environment, being in a well-known, long established and successful consulting company with a professional and experienced team
- Flexible and experienced internal backstopping capacity
- Advanced technical tools and resources to undertake responsibilities
- Clear and predefined work procedures to facilitate flexible, self-motivated, independent execution of responsibilities
- Attractive salary according to the experience of the candidate
Please note that only selected candidates will receive a reply.