Public Diplomacy Expert
Position: Public Diplomacy Expert
Starting date: 15.03.2022
Duration of project: 24 months
Expert input: part-time (minimum 200 person days)
Project: Building a new relationship with the United Kingdom – Policy support and public diplomacy
This action will contribute to the promotion of EU policies and priorities and strengthening engagement with key target audiences in the UK. In particular, it will promote dialogue among relevant actors in areas deemed pertinent by the EU and to support its interests. In this framework, engagement with relevant stakeholders will be key, in particular to foster expertise/best practices and to foster links between EU and UK business associations (including women’s business associations), notably by reinforcing EU business associations present in the UK, trade unions, employers’ organisations, academia, cultural organisations and creative industry, media, NGOs and other interest groups and networks.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as public relations, public diplomacy, communication, or equivalent relevant professional experience (i.e. minimum 4 years of professional experience in public diplomacy, or public relations, or communication, or visibility, in addition to the minimum 10 years of general professional experience in public diplomacy, or public relations, or communication, or visibility mentioned below);
- Fluency in English (C1 level).
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience in public diplomacy, or public relations, or communication, or visibility.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as head of Public Diplomacy project(s) in EU external relations in middle and high income countries4 (included in the 10 years of general professional experience);
- Working experience in the UK relevant to the scope of this contract will be considered a strong asset.