Team Leader – Policy Support Expert
Position: Team Leader – Policy Support Expert
Starting date: 15.03.2022
Duration of project: 24 months
Expert input: part-time (minimum 200 person days)
Project: Building a new relationship with the United Kingdom – Policy support and public diplomacy
This action will contribute to the promotion of EU policies and priorities and strengthening engagement with key target audiences in the UK. In particular, it will promote dialogue among relevant actors in areas deemed pertinent by the EU and to support its interests. In this framework, engagement with relevant stakeholders will be key, in particular to foster expertise/best practices and to foster links between EU and UK business associations (including women’s business associations), notably by reinforcing EU business associations present in the UK, trade unions, employers’ organisations, academia, cultural organisations and creative industry, media, NGOs and other interest groups and networks.
The team leader will be responsible for the overall coordination of the technical assistance and ensure effective coordination between all project components. She/he will further have to demonstrate the ability to manage technical specialists as non-key experts for delivering the various technical tasks under the project. The Team leader will also guarantee the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall project management and implementation, including that projects outputs, monitoring, and reports are appropriate, consistent, timely and of good quality.
The Team Leader shall have to demonstrate, throughout his/her proven qualifications, skills and professional experience, the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented and service oriented work style;
- self-motivated ability to work independently;
- eye for detail/accuracy,
- resistance to stress;
- ability to dialogue with national Authorities and institutional structures.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as international relations, or equivalent relevant professional experience (i.e. minimum 4 years of professional experience in EU policy support in addition to the minimum 10 years of general professional experience in EU policy support mentioned below)
- Fluency in English (C1 level)
General professional experience:
- At least 2 years of proved experience as a team leader in managing technical assistance projects/programmes (Project management skills; people management skills to be able to lead, coach and motivate a team of experts to deliver the required results; experience in people and resource management);
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience in EU policy support.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 2 years of specific professional experience as lead of project(s) supporting EU policy dialogues in external relations in middle and high income countries3 (included in the 10 years of general professional experience);
- Minimum 2 years of specific professional experience working with EU procedures, in particular related to service contracts, monitoring and evaluation (included in the 10 years of general professional experience);
- Working experience in the UK relevant to the scope of this contract will be considered a strong asset;
- At least 2 years of specific professional experience working on economic and trade issues will be considered a strong asset.