Team Leader - Joint Technical Assistance for the Latin America and the Caribbean Investment Facilities (LAIF and CIF)
Position: Team Leader - Joint Technical Assistance for the Latin America and the Caribbean Investment Facilities (LAIF and CIF)
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: February 2022 (indicative)
Duration of project: 36 months
Expert input: full time, 650 working days
Project: Joint Technical Assistance for the Latin America Investment Facility (LAIF) and the Caribbean Investment Facility (CIF)
The overall objective of the assignment is to improve the quality the projects financed, to enhance the pipeline, to contribute to capacity building, to strengthen monitoring tools, to improve overall visibility, to support the LACIF management team in the daily administration of the facilities and to enhance coherence between both facilities and with the guarantee instruments under the EFSD+.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- University degree in the fields of Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Law or equivalent professional experience of at least 10 years (supplementing the specific professional experience mentioned below)
- Extensive knowledge of EU development cooperation programmes, project cycle management and EU contractual and financial procedures (minimum of 6 years)
- Ability to manage teams and deadlines, good communication and inter-personal skills,qualities of dialogue, negotiation and prioritization.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish.
- Good knowledge in project finance of large infrastructure projects, public investment financing, financing instruments, evidenced by design, formulation, implementation and or supervision of such projects and/or policy work in the area of financing instruments (minimum of 3 years).
- Good knowledge of blended finance, evidenced by related publications, project management of blending projects or policy work in the area of at least 3 years. Specific knowledge of EU blending facilities and processes and EFSD/EFSD+ products will be considered an asset.
General professional experience:
- Min of 10 years of proven experience in project formulation for development projects
- Min of 5 years of proven experience as team leader in technical assistance projects in development cooperation.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in or with/for development banks, national, regional or international development institutions
- Minimum 10 years of experience in coordination, management and implementation of multi-countries, regional or bilateral development cooperation programmes
- Proven experience (min duration of 4 years) in development cooperation projects in Latin America and/or Caribbean countries.
- Proven experience (min duration of 4 years) in the set-up and implementation of trainings, seminars and workshops (including digital tools).
- Proven experience (min duration 5 years) of working in projects with the European Union.
- Specific experience working on blending projects is necessary (minimum of 3 years) and experience in the private sector/banking would be an asset.