Senior PSD and/or Trade Expert
Position: Senior Expert in Private Sector and Business Development
Location: Homebased in the EU, EEA, Switzerland or the UK
Starting date: 15 July 2021 (indicative)
Duration of project: 36 months
Expert input: 660 working days
Project: Trade, Private sector development and engagement, and regional integration Facility II
The overall objective of this project is to improve the impact of the EU policies and interventions on private sector development and engagement, trade and economic integration in partner countries, including associated human resources development, with a focus on vulnerable countries and in particular those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
The specific objective of the project is to improve the capacity of EU delegations and headquarters to programme, design and implement TPSDE interventions using the available programming tools.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- A university degree in the areas of social, political or economic sciences, engineering or related diploma.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English language.
- Good knowledge of French and/or Spanish will be considered as an asset
General professional experience:
- At least 7 years of professional experience covering the design and/or implementation and/or evaluation of international cooperation policies, programmes and projects.
- Working experience with the European Union will be considered as an asset
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in at least three of the four following areas of expertise:
- Facilitation of sustainable investments, including green and social investments
- Private sector engagement, public-private dialogue, support to business organisations
- Inclusive business models and business models for resilience
- Trade, including e-trade
- Professional experience in one or more of the following areas will be considered as anasset :
- Financial inclusion, including digital financial inclusion
- Vocational education and training (VET)
- Sustainable value chains and human rights approach in businesses
- Raw materials and development minerals
- Women economic empowerment
- Business environment reform