Team Leader: Livestock Specialist
Position: Team Leader - Livestock Specialist
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Starting date: August 25th, 2021
Duration of project: 36 months
Expert input: At least 660 working days
Project: Technical Assistance for the Support Programme to the implementation of the European Union (EU) - Southern African Development Community (SADC) Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) in South Africa
The objective of the project is the provision of technical assistance required for the effective implementation of the Support Programme to the implementation of the European Union - Southern African Development Community Economic Partnership Agreement in South Africa. The aim is to achieve an increased, sustainable and inclusive economic growth with higher employment in South Africa, by unlocking challenges related to quality infrastructure and technical capacity in agricultural value chains and increasing the responsiveness to opportunities under the EPA by the exporters.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Animal Science/Veterinary Science or any other
related field; or a bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with +13 years of experience
- English proficiency (written and spoken)
Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite of programs
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years experience in epidemiology or veterinary services or any other related
- Proven experience leading project teams and managing multi-component projects
Specific professional experience:
- Track record of three or more consultancies carried out on implementation of livestock
identification and traceability at country level.
- Experience in database administration or statistical analysis.
- Experience in sanitary risk analysis with hands on official controls, biosecurity and quarantine management will be an asset.
- Experience in transboundary animal diseases control, setting animal health standards and trade of livestock and livestock products in Southern Africa will be an asset.
- Experience in European Union chemical residues and water analytical requirements and laboratory accreditation will be an asset.
- Experience in developing equivalent standards benchmarked to European Union legislative requirements will be an asset.
- Experience in development of inter-departmental coordination and/or cooperation
between government and private sector stakeholders is an advantage.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and the development of logical frameworks is