Project Manager - Adelante 2
Position: Project Manager - Adelante 2
Location: EU country, Latin America and the Caribbean
Starting date: January 2021 (estimated)
Duration of project: 48 months, full-time
Project: ADELANTE 2: Technical Assistance, Logistics and Institutional Support, Communication and Visibility
The overall objective of the EU-funded ADELANTE 2 project is to pursue the achievement of the Agenda 2030 through strengthened regional cooperation initiatives, with the specific objectives (1) to offer an innovative and tailored cooperation and jointly tackle key development challenges in LAC, as well as (2) to promote Triangular Cooperation as an innovative tool, in particular for achieving SDG #17
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a field such as Business Administration, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, Social Sciences or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Good managerial, communication and inter-personal skills, qualities of dialogue and of negotiation.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish.
- Good command of Portuguese would be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years of proven experience as project or programme manager in international development cooperation.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years of proven experience in the management and implementation of EU and/or EU Member States programmes and projects including contractual and financial procedures.
- At least 4 years of proven experience in development cooperation projects in Latin America and Caribbean countries
- At least 3 years of proven experience in in the set-up and implementation of trainings, seminars and workshops
- At least 2 years of proven experience in regional cooperation or triangular cooperation projects would be an asset.