Public Diplomacy, Outreach and Communication Expert
Position: Public Diplomacy, Outreach and Communication Expert
Location: EU country, with frequent travels to GCC countries
Starting date: December 2020 (estimated)
Duration of project: 36 months, long-term position
Number of working days: 500
Project: Enhanced EU-GCC political dialogue, cooperation and outreach
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a stronger relationship between the European Union and the GCC countries by enhancing the political dialogue, cooperation and outreach between EU and the GCC (both regionally as well as with individual countries in the region).
The Expert will be responsible for directly implementing the activities related to the component on Public Diplomacy and Outreach to promote the Union’s values and interests. In close coordination with the Team Leader, s/he will also be in charge of implementing all communication related tasks for the project as a whole. The Expert will work at least 70% of her/his time in GCC countries. She/he is expected to travel extensively within the GCC region and within the EU as relevant.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree or equivalent diploma in Communication or similar fields (public relations, public diplomacy, journalism, media, design, cultural management etc.) or a Bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma in the fields detailed above followed by at least 2 years of post-graduate professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication in English (C2 level)
- Working proficiency in written and oral communication in Arabic (min B2)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented and service-oriented work style
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Eye for detail/accuracy, resilience in stressful situation
- Ability to dialogue with national authorities and institutional structures in Europe and in third countries
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the field of communication public relations, public diplomacy, journalism, media, design, cultural management etc. in an international context
- At least 3 years of experience in the above fields within or directly related to the European Union
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the development and implementation of external communication and public relations strategies including the use of social media tools (twitter, instagram, facebook and similar).
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working in the field of public diplomacy.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate professional experience in organisation and management of international events
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of EU affairs, the functioning and the diverse policy areas of the European Union
- Understanding and familiarity with gender sensitive approaches/ gender mainstreaming (as demonstrated by participation in at least 2 relevant projects).
- Professional experience working with/ in the GCC countries is an advantage.