Project Coordinator Policy LAC
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: in one of the EU Member States
Duration of project: 220 working days per year of implementation of the project (660 days total).
Starting date: 15 June 2020
Project: Policy Dialogue Support Facility EU-LAC (Latin America and the Caribbean)
Key expert 1: Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of the project and the achievement of the project results. S/he will be responsible, together with the communication expert, for the preparation and implementation of all tasks including logistics aspects, coordinating individual expert inputs (if relevant) and for reporting, including financial reporting. S/he will be the primary but not exclusive contact for the EU and will always work in close coordination with the communication expert. In the implementation of her/is tasks the expert will need to be in close contact with European Commission Services and with the EU Delegations in third countries.
The Project Coordinator shall fulfil the following minimum requirements
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree at master's level.
- High proficiency of English and Spanish (level C1 or C2 for both languages);
- Leadership, organisational and management skills (to be evaluated during interviews);
- Knowledge on the Institutional structure of the EU and EU policies (to be evaluated during interviews);
- Knowledge of protocol and diplomatic practices preferably with EU foreign policy (to be evaluated during interviews).
General professional experience:
- Participation in at least two projects (started after 01/01/2005 and successfully completed) with a minimum budget of EUR 3 Million, in a project coordinator/team leader role.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years of experience working in providing consulting services to the European Union Institutions or to National or to Regional public authorities of the EU member states on EU policies.
- At least 3 years of experience in organising and managing public events, including seminars and roundtables as well as larger public events with high profile speakers and participants (a detailed list of events organisation and the role of the expert on its organization, for the required 3 years, should be included in annex to the cv).
- At least 3 years of professional experience on EU – LAC relations.
- At least 2 years of professional experience on EU Public or Economic Diplomacy with third countries.