KE2: Senior Expert in Innovation
Position: KE2 - Senior Expert in Innovation
Duration: 192 wd during 24 months
Estimated date of commencement: January 2020
Project: Technical Assistance Facility for the Lebanese private sector
The project consists in establishing a Technical Assistance Facility for the Lebanese private sector in order to help it expand and diversify. The Facility will provide technical assistance covering a wide range of issues according to needs and readiness of the private sector, in line with Lebanon and EU's priorities.
The core assistance could be summarized as follows (indicative):
1) Selective expertise to: upgrade services offered by business intermediary organisations; encourage innovation and technology upgrade in start-ups and companies; export promotion; product development; advice on financing mechanisms for SMEs; upgrade of Good Manufacturing Practices; 2) capacity-building to business intermediaries/private associations/federations in providing better support to companies; 3) specific awareness raising events about targeted topics such as the digital economy, trade, export promotion, the engagement of the diaspora; 4) promotion of exchanges with European agencies and entrepreneurs; 5) advise on legal and regulatory issues (e.g. on trade-related standards in sectors such as food safety and pharmaceuticals, on services and on innovation).
Qualifications and skills
- A master degree in Economics, business administration, law or social sciences or 15 years of equivalent relevant professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of English.
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of general professional experience
- At least 2 years of managerial experience as team leader/coordinator, ideally under contracts with international organisations
Specific professional experience
- At least 7 years of specific professional experience in innovation; innovation management; technology transfer; technology commercialisation
- At least 5 years of proven experience in working with SMEs and/or academia/research institutions in middle income countries
- Experience related to Lebanon will be considered as an asset