Team leader – Expert in Tourism Development and Policy
Position: Team leader –Expert in Tourism Development and Policy
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 25 working days, over 12 months
Start date: 12 February 2019 (indicative)
Project: “Support Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board (TAB) to establish a Tourism Development Fund and increase the competitiveness of destinations”
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity and resources of key tourism governing and advisory bodies in Vietnam in the area of tourism marketing and promotion to ensure sustainability and enhanced competitiveness of the destinations and at the same time contribute to social economic development of the local people and business community.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education at least Master's Degree in urban policies, economic development, urban planning, local governance and social sciences or, in its absence, equivalent professional experience related to the previously mentioned fields, which duration must be above the general professional experience required below.
- Conceptual, drafting and reporting skills (experience with methodological tools would be considered as an asset).
- Oral and written communication skills including competences as moderator of meetings.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years relevant professional experience in the tourism sector / travel industry
- Previous experience with international donor agencies
- Experience working with government, international partners, private sector
Specific professional experience
- At least one previous experience as team leader
- Previous management experience with tourism organisation/company is considered as an asset
- Competence in soft skills including presentation, report writing, training…
- Previous experience in Vietnam is considered as an asset