Senior Event Management Expert, Hong Kong based
Position: Senior Event Management Expert, Hong Kong based
Location: Hong Kong
Duration: 10 working days
Expected start / end date: January to April 2019
Programme: EU Policy and Outreach Partnership. The general objective of this Programme is to support the achievement of EU Foreign Policy objectives by strengthening the EU's ability to engage meaningfully with different audiences and stakeholders in third countries through Public Diplomacy.
Project: EU Plastic Waste Reduction Initiative
The Expert will report to the Project Team Leader and will work in close coordination with, and under direction of, the EU Office to Hong Kong.
- Organisation of a one-day workshop on environmental protection, plastic waste reduction and circular economy, including but not limited to: proposing agenda topics, participants, speakers and local counterparts, venue and local service providers, and media outreach plan.
- Liaison with the backstopping team of the Contractor on contractual issues with service providers, arranging flights for EU speakers and payments.
- Preparation and circulation of pre-event media content to raise the profile of the event and invitations.
- Preparation and circulation of post-event media content for traditional and social media postings.
- Attendance at the workshop and facilitation of the collection of feedback.
- Evaluation of the outputs of the workshop.
- Development of post-workshop report with recommendations.
Qualifications and skills:
- Academic or professional qualifications in event management, communications or marketing.
General professional experience:
- Five years of experience in organising high level thematic workshops, seminars and/or large scale events in Hong Kong.
- Knowledge of the institutional and business environment in Hong Kong.
- Experience in dealing with the media and generating impactful news coverage.
Specific professional experience
- Experienced in the organisation of business and public outreach events.
- Experienced in writing engaging content for circulation to the media for publication.
- Exeperience in events on environment/waste management and networking in this field will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of European policies and strategies on plastic waste reduction would be an advantage.