Position: Legal Expert
Duration: 51 working days over 2.5 months
Expected start date: End of October 2018
Project: Support for Governance in the road transport sector of The Gambia, Regional Indicative Programme (RIP) under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF)
The European Union, through its funding towards transport governance in the 11th EDF RIP, has reserved an allocation to carry out a study aimed at improving trade and transport facilitation measures on regional road networks. The overall objective of this project is to facilitate road transport and trade systems in the borders of The Gambia & the trans-Gambia corridors and improve sustainability and security of regional transport road transport system.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree in Law or related fields, or equivalent of 10 years' working experience in the legal field within the transport sector;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French will be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years relevant professional work experience in the legal field within the transport sector;
- 5 years' experience as team member of projects or studies (institutional, legal, regulatory) in road transport legislation in developing countries (preferably in West Africa);
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge and experience of EU development, policies, instruments and facilities is an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- Expertise in road transport legislation/frameworks and trade facilitation, customs legislation;
- Experience working on national policies and legislations in developing countries;
- Experience of working in The Gambia or Senegal in the legal sector is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of international/regional agreements and initiatives on trade and transport.