Road Safety Expert
Position: Road Safety Expert
Duration: 51 working days over 2.5 months
Expected start date: End of October 2018
Project: Support for Governance in the road transport sector of The Gambia, Regional Indicative Programme (RIP) under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF)
The European Union, through its funding towards transport governance in the 11th EDF RIP, has reserved an allocation to carry out a study aimed at improving trade and transport facilitation measures on regional road networks. The overall objective of this project is to facilitate road transport and trade systems in the borders of The Gambia & the trans-Gambia corridors and improve sustainability and security of regional transport road transport system.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree in Road Planning, Traffic Engineering or related disciplines, or equivalent of 10 years' working experience in road safety engineering, standards, regulations and guidelines;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- A certified Road Safety Auditor is highly desirable;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French will be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years relevant professional work experience in road safety engineering, standards, regulations and guidelines;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as team member in projects or studies (transport, trade, institutional, legal, regulatory, gender) in the transport sector in developing countries (preferably in West Africa);
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge and experience of EU development, policies, instruments and facilities is an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- Expertise in road safety engineering, standards, regulations and guidelines;
- Experience in the region working in road safety auditing;
- Served as a road safety auditor and successfully completed at least three road transport studies.