Team Leader / Transport Economist
Position: Team Leader / Transport Economist
Duration: 51 working days over 2.5 months
Expected start date: End of October 2018
Project: Support for Governance in the road transport sector of The Gambia, Regional Indicative Programme (RIP) under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF)
The European Union, through its funding towards transport governance in the 11th EDF RIP, has reserved an allocation to carry out a study aimed at improving trade and transport facilitation measures on regional road networks. The overall objective of this project is to facilitate road transport and trade systems in the borders of The Gambia & the trans-Gambia corridors and improve sustainability and security of regional transport road transport system.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree in Transport Planning or Transport Economics or equivalent of 15 years' working experience in transport economics or transport projects;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Experience in use of economic analysis software is desirable.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 12 years relevant professional experience in transport planning or transport economics;
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge and experience of EU development, policies, instruments and facilities is an asset;
- 5 years’ experience as Team Leader of projects or studies (planning, institutional, legal, regulatory, finance) in the transport sector in developing countries (preferably in West Africa).
Specific professional experience:
- Extensive experience working on national policies in developing countries;
- Experience of working in The Gambia or Senegal in the transport sector is highly desirable;
- Organisational development and capacity building experience;
- Principal author of at least two transport study reports, technical papers, guidelines or manuals in the past 5 years;
- Knowledge of international/regional agreements and initiatives on trade and transport;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of experts.