EU Public Diplomacy Project: Surveys and data collection expert
Position: Surveys and data collection expert
Location: Brussels - Belgium
Assignment location and time-frame: The consultant shall work with freelance contract. The work should predominantly take place from in Brussels, Belgium. No travel is currently foreseen. The assignment shall begin as soon as possible.
Project: EU Public Diplomacy Outreach – Americas, Asia-Pacific, Africa
Equinoccio is currently implementing the EU Policy and Outreach Partnership project in tight coordination with the European Commission´s Foreign Policy Instrument.
The EU has commissioned and carried out baseline study “Analysis of the perception of the EU and EU policies abroad” and started collection of target audiences’ views and evaluations from a family of EU Policy and Outreach Partnership actions (who support EU Delegations in their PD actions).
The consultant shall have the following experience & skills:
- University degree or similar professional-level education
- Fluent in English
- Professional experience with an existing data collection tool (Preferably EU Survey, but also e.g. SoGoSurvey, survey monkey, google forms, typeform or others)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating communications, public diplomacy or other relevant events and/or programmes would be an advantage.
- Ability to simply explain (orally and in writing) use of tools to an audience with limited IT experience
- Good understanding of EU institutions and EU values
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work out and design of two pre-event and post-event Public Diplomacy-tailored questionnaires for the centralised data and feedback collection from participants to the EU-organised events.
- Set up two data collection forms in “EU survey” tool on the basis of the developed questionnaires
- Compile written tutorials for set-up, management and data extraction from both forms
- Propose template for analysis on the open feedback questions
- Work out reporting template for interim and ad-hoc/event reporting. The template should be accompanied by the guidelines on report creation, data filtering and results extraction.
- Constant management, overseeing and update of the survey forms with relevant data
- Remain the point of contact for several users to assist in implementing the survey. E.g. send out targeted individual links to the follow up survey for a specific group of participants (according to emails collected earlier or provided by the organiser).
- Extract, compile and provide post-event data on specific activities to the organisers.
- Produce six-monthly reports according to the reporting template, prepared in the set-up phase
Kindly note that Valid work permit to work in Brussels is a must and only selected candidates will be contacted.