Specialist in International Trade / Trade Policy / Private Sector Development. In-house Project Manager
Position: Specialist in International Trade /Trade Policy / Private Sector Development.
Dedication: Permanent, full time position. Immediate start.
Due to our growing business activity, we are currently seeking qualified professionals to strengthen our international project management team, specifically we are looking for an experienced Private Sector Development / International Trade specialist to cover a twofold position: as Project Manager, he/she will be responsible for all tasks related to the tendering and contract management of projects; as consultant, she/she actively participate in trade and PSD technical assistance missions in the company’s projects abroad.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the tender process with consortium partners
- Coordinate the preparation of and/or participate in the writing of technical proposals
- Identification and setting up of teams of consultants and negotiate the terms of engagement with them.
- Preparation of project budgets and financial proposals
- Contract Management
- Supervision of project implementation (technical and financial)
- Budget control during contract execution
- Review of project technical reports
- Backstopping support for consultants in the field
- Liaison with partners, clients and beneficiaries and during contract execution
Technical assistance missions:
- Provide advisory and capacity building services in export promotion and trade development assistance to SMEs and intermediary organisations
- Contribution to the development of the overall strategy of the company
- Contribute to meeting the quality oriented system, objectives and work procedures of the company
- Will report to the nominated Project Supervisor of each project
- University degree in an appropriate discipline
- Proven track record in trade development / trade policy / private sector development related training or advisory services
- Proven track record in the preparation of technical assistance proposals, as well as contract management and administration.
- Minimum of three, ideally five years of working experience in the sector or equivalent experience in economic or international development, or in the provision of professional advisory or consulting services.
- Ability to work well in a demanding environment, adhering to project and work deadlines.
- Delivering essential inputs to colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and clients on time, every time
- Strong computer skills
- Native English speaker
- Fluency in French or Spanish would be an advantage
- Good working environment, being in a well-known, long established and successful consulting company with a professional and experienced team
- Flexible and experienced internal backstopping capacity
- Advanced technical tools and resources to undertake responsibilities
- Clear and predefined work procedures to facilitate flexible, self-motivated, independent execution of responsibilities
- Attractive salary relative to the experience of the candidate plus a result-based incentive bonus
Please note that only selected candidates will receive a reply.