Mexico - Communication and visibility campaign coordinator for European Science Diplomacy Week
Position: Communication and visibility campaign coordinator for European Science Diplomacy Week
Location: Mexico City
Project: EU Policy and Outreach Partnership - Mexico
Duration: 20th February 2018 - 11th April 2018
EQUINOCCIO is looking for Mexico City based Communication and visibility campaign coordinator for European Science Diplomacy Week which will take place between 19-25 March 2018 in the framework of the EU public diplomacy project. The campaign will be launched on 5 March 2018.
The applications are being accepted from both individual experts and companies.
The Contractor will have the following minimum products to deliver according to the technical specifications agreed with the EU Delegation in Mexico:
- Work with the project Team Leader (TL) to develop, coordinate and implement a communication strategy for the campaign to promote the European Science Diplomacy activities (including media relations, hashtags for social media)
- Identify key information and develop content for the social media campaign posts (to have 4 tweets and 2 Facebook publications on daily basis during 1 month) based on research of relevant EU-MEX cooperation documents and information provided by EU Member States (EU MSs) embassies in Mexico;
- Develop customized campaign materials (e.g. GIF´s, infographics, adapt H2020 European Commission materials for the research community in Mexico).
- Liaise with EU MSs in Mexico to receive information for the campaign, as well as to coordinate media strategies and maximise media coverage;
- In coordination with the project TL plan, draft and disseminate press material, such as press releases, statements, prepare press clipping and interviews when necessary;
- In coordination with the project TL act as the contact person for media queries and handle these requests;
- Build up and keep up-to-date media contacts database, including scientific media contacts;
- Prepare a report on the impact of the campaign, using media monitoring tools to screen the national and international media (this report must include statistics and figures).
Tasks will be carried out in 3 phases:
1. Before the event: Promotion of European Science Diplomacy Week events and dissemination of key information on Research & Innovation (R&I) cooperation between Mexico and the EU through social media posts. The informative facts and figures posted during this campaign will not have a specific EU-Mexico focus but will provide a broader perspective of the European achievements in the field of science, technology and innovation.
2. During the event: Coverage of the events (through social media, scientific press and radio) and dissemination of key information about EU-Mexico Cooperation on R&I.
3. After the event: Follow-up of the event and campaign reporting.
The audience targeted of this Campaign are representatives of the Mexican and European scientific community, universities, research centres, as well as private sector involved in scientific or technological cooperation projects or networks.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in corporate communications, public and media relations, marketing
- Experience in producing social media campaigns, preferably with the focus on science, technology and innovation.
- Capability and proven experience crafting messages in various formats (press releases, websites, success stories, blog entries, tweets, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences.
- Experience in scientific media or good understanding of the European Union will be an asset.
- Excellent written and editorial skills in English and Spanish;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to translate complex information into clear and simple messages;
- Ability and proven experience in multi-tasking, in taking initiative and working effectively under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills;
- Good ICT knowledge and proficiency; graphic design skills would be an asset
- Able to work independently and take initiative