Expert in trade promotion and support to SMEs for the project EU-Philippines Trade Related Technical Assistance Programme
Position: Trade promotion and support to SMEs
Location: Manila, (The Philippines)
Duration: 325 working days over 54 months
Project: Technical Assistance for the EU-Philippines Trade Related Technical Assistance Programme 4 (TRTA4)
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, but preferable a Master’s degree in economics, international trade, law, business administration or relevant discipline, or minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience;
- Organisational, communication, mobilisation and change management skills applied in the context of working in international teams of experts of different technical backgrounds;
- Proven substantial experience in advising governments and ability to develop solid partnerships with high-level officials in order to achieve project results;
- An excellent verbal and written command of English is essential.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience related to at least one, but preferably several of the fields of the programme.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience related to trade promotion and support to SMEs, in the context of technical assistance programmes funded by donors.
- Demonstrable professional experience of trade, private sector development and economic integration issues, in particular of ASEAN, EU integration policies and the WTO;
- Relevant professional experience in ASEAN and/or the Philippines would be an added advantage.