Back to projects
Client: SADC National Secretariat | 01/12/2012 - 01/01/2016
Technical Assistance Services for the Institutional Support of the SADC National Secretariat
- Establishment of a Project Coordination Unit in Luanda to plan, implement, report and manage the project.
Regional Integration Strategy
- Preparation of general and sector reports on Angola’s regional integration policy in SADC.
- Advising on the implementation of the Regional Indicative Strategic Plan Development (RISPD).
- Advising on the national consultation procedures within the context of the SADC processes and procedures.
- Establishing a Trade Information and documentation centre in the Secretariat modernised and training staff in information management.
- Strengthening the capacity and the role of the SADC National Secretariat in Angola.
- Training of SADC National Secretariat personnel on specialised issues related to regional integration.
- Design and implementation of a database on the regional programmes and projects in which Angola participates.
- Facilitating the capacity building of regional academia in analytical trade research.
- Organisation of high-level seminars and national consultation workshops to share information and build consensus.
Communication and Visibility
- Procurement of ICT equipment for the Secretariat and the design of its website.
- Development and implementation of a Communications and Visibility strategy for the Secretariat.
Back to projects
The rationale for this project is that the newly established national bodies in Angola with responsibility to coordinate the participation and the contribution of the country in the SADC Regional Integration Process benefit from technical support to achieve the optimal results for the country in terms of the national agenda on regional integration. The executive body with prime responsibility for the regional integration process is the SADC National Secretariat, which is the beneficiary of this technical assistance support.
The project support is a combination of the:
- Development of the staff of the SADC National Secretariat in matters relating to liberalisation, regional integration, macroeconomics and trade negotiations
- Provision of advisory services to the SADC National Secretariat in the implementation of the different stages of the regional integration process
- Identification and implementation of programmes and national projects of regional interest
- Strengthening the technical and institutional engagement between the Secretariat and the other relevant technical ministries of Angola
- Integration of the national programmes and projects with the corresponding SADC regional programmes and projects.
- Strengthening of the ICT and knowledge management facilities of the Secretariat